The 25 Worst Things About Working In Retail
1. Seeing as how most retailers begin their day with customers waiting at the door, it only seems fitting that Morpheus sets the tone for this list.
2. When a customer expects a refund without any proof of the purchase:
3. When you’re asked this ridiculous question:
4. Admit it, we’re all guilty of this knee-slapper.
5. Self-centered customers (note: this is a common theme).
6. When the lines are unusually long and the store is packed:
7. Loud, bratty kids. Loud, bratty kids everywhere!
8. Scumbag Steve doesn’t like opened packages.
9. When you try to call in sick and your boss has no sympathy:
10. The Joker doesn’t like two-faced customers.
11. I remember the days when this was not an issue. Should those days be called “the good ol’ days of retail”?
12. When customers, managers and other employees push you to the point of insanity:
13. When a new employee is nice to the customers:
14. When a customer threatens your job for something they’re typically in the wrong for:
15. This also happens when their card is declined.
16. Well? Which is it?
17. When a customer doesn’t know the price of the product and there’s no barcode on it:
18. What’s worse is that they think you want to hear it.
20. When a customer knowingly does this:
21. We only supply it. You’re the one who’s demanding it!
22. When a customer sarcastically asks why you’re not smiling:
23. When a customer unfolds all of the clothes on display and doesn’t buy a single thing:
24. Because the outcome is usually #5 or #14.
25. Oh, it’s a ghost town in the store until 5-10 mins before closing time.